Model built and painted by Jerry Poniatowski
The link between an F Unit and Geep!
In 1948, the first of 59 branch line locos rolled out of the EMD shops. This loco
was the link between the F-units and the first of the Geeps. With curved fenders, slab sides,
and angled hoods, most folks either love or hate the beast!
According to our sources*, nine railroads owned BL2s:
Bangor & Aroostook 8 Boston & Maine 4 Chicago & Eastern Illinois 3 Chesapeake & Ohio 14 Florida East Coast 6 Missouri Pacific 8 Monon 9 Rock Island 5 Western Maryland 2
Our BL2 consists of five major castings with loads of detail molded in place; the body is a one-piece casting with separate end castings, frame and fuel tank. In addition, easy to install lost-wax castings for fan housings, exhaust stacks, door handles, air horns, MU hoses, and air hoses are included to provide the ultimate in detail.
This BL2 is designed to use the trucks, gear towers, and motor from an American Models' FP unit.
Return to B.T.S. Diesels
Return to B.T.S. Locos
Return to B.T.S.
Page created by Bill Wade, Web Architect, Wade Publishing
Last Changed on: May 17, 2006
© 1997-2006 -- All Rights Reserved