A Division of B.T.S.
More photos below
Here are some of the features of this kit:
- The building will be a laser-cut falsefront that will fit many eras
These kits were available only for the contest. No longer available.
Left to right - TT, HO, S, O
And if you need details... we got 'em!
Dave Kreitler is in charge of the contest and here are his rules....
"The Official Rules are:
1. Build a diorama in any scale you wish on a base that represents 3000 square feet in the scale of your choice. The shape of the base does not matter, just so the total square footage adds up to 3000 sq. feet.
2. The main featured structure of the diorama can be anything you want. It can be a kit, kitbash, or it can be scratchbuilt - anything goes.
3. The one requirement is that somewhere on the diorama there must be some reference to railroading. This can be track work, rolling stock or simply a sign referring to the Whistle Stop Tavern. Any reference to railroading is fine.
4. You must post 3 photos (resolution no greater than 500x350) to the "FSM List Diorama Contest #1" folder in the overflow area at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSMfiles no later than March 30th, 2003. Posting files to the photo folder is anonymous. Make sure you use an anonymous name for the files and please use the same name for each file followed by a number. Example: Model1.gif, Model2.gif, Model3.gif. This will make it easier to keep your three photos together for viewing.
5. Judging will take place during the first week in April. Everyone on this list is eligible to vote. You will examine the photos and then email your votes to me to compile. Send them to email@example.com. I will post the results by the end of the second week in April.
6. There will be two categories to vote for: Best of Show and Most Humorous.
7. To "sign up" for the contest please email me directly (off the list) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send me a note that let's me know you are interested and send me the "codename" you will be using to name your files when you post them to the folder. If the name you choose has already been selected by another person I will let you know. I will be the only one with this list and I will refrain from voting. This way I can connect votes to pictures.
Prizes: This is all about a friendly competition among folks with a common interest. What you win is bragging rights on the list. I am willing to print up a certificate and send it snail mail for the two 1st place winners if they so desire.
IF YOU ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN THE BASIC CONTEST YOU CAN STOP HERE. THESE ARE THE BASIC RULES. FOLLOWING ARE SOME SPECIAL RULES IF YOU WANT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SOME MANUFACTURER SPONSORED PRIZES. The following rules only apply to the manufactures' prizes not the over all Best of Show and Most Humorous awards.
There are special prizes available to folks who are interested but you only need to pay attention to these additional rules if you are interested in one of the special prizes.
Bill at B.T.S. has volunteered the following: $100 BTS Gift Cert for the diorama that collects the most votes and uses the BTS Kit stand alone.
$50 B.T.S. gift cert for the diorama that takes second place and uses the BTS Kit stand alone.
$25 B.T.S. gift cert for the diorama that takes third place and uses the BTS Kit stand alone.
$100 B.T.S. gift cert for the diorama that wins Best of Show no matter what kit is used.
Art at Bar Mills has offered to turn the winning model into a new Bar Mills kit if the winning model was built from the Bar Mills 1 Kit. The winner will be presented with an award in Denver at the NG convention (note that the design of the model will become the property of Bar Mills).
If you wish to compete for the sponsored prizes then there are two additional rules that you must follow:
8. The main featured structure of the diorama must begin life as either the B.T. S. kit that has been offered to us for the contest (to be eligible for the B.T.S. prizes) or the Bar Mills 1 Kit (to be eligible for the Bar Mills prizes).
Note that Models that are kitbashed from BOTH kits will not be eligible for the Bar Mills offer due to B.T.S. owning half the starting design.
9. It is your responsibility to acquire the kits you need for the competition. The following instructions have been offered for the acquiring the Bar Mills 1 Kit if you do not already have one: "Call Pat at Valley Model Trains and order a 1-Kit (any scale). Tell him it is for the Fine Scale Miniatures Yahoo Group diorama contest. You will receive a 20% discount off of retail on the kits for the contest."
For the B.T.S. Kit contact Bill at http://www.btsrr.com/btscontest.htm."
B.T.S. Home Page!
Last Changed on: June 2003
© 2003 -- All Rights Reserved